Community Development Block Grant Program [cdbg]
The Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program provides the basic funding necessary to administer the many housing, public works, economic development, and public service activities which help to further the city’s overall community development objectives. This program is intended to support the city as it continues to grow and improve, and to help serve the most vulnerable members of our community.
Some of the accomplishments managed through the Community Development Office include:
- Construction of new energy-efficient single family housing and rehabilitation of affordable housing throughout the city’s older neighborhoods.
- Curb re-setting.
- Demolition of hundreds of unsafe and abandoned buildings throughout the city
- Improvements to public facilities such as parks and playgrounds and various city buildings including the Senior Center, Library and City Hall.
- Provision of essential public services ranging from after school programs for youth to assistance to senior citizens to police walking patrols and drug enforcement activities.
- Safety and beautification improvements, including street trees.
- Street and sidewalk improvements along many of the city’s entryways, including accessibility improvements.
Current CDBG funded programs which are carried out by other entities:
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD:
Call to Artists! CDBG-funded Public Art in Downtown Fitchburg
The City of Fitchburg Community Development Department is seeking proposals for Public Art in Downtown Fitchburg. The proposal deadline has been extended to April 30, 2020. Additional information and support is forthcoming.
To be added to our mailing list for the Public Art Project, please click here.
Public Art Virtual Info Session
Thursday, April 2 at 4pm
Click here on April 2 to join this meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in at the appointed time via phone by dialing 1-312-757-3121
Access Code: 680-670-093
The City of Fitchburg’s Divisions of Housing and Development, is now taking applications from interested contractors in all residential construction trades to participate in a variety of housing and commercial rehabilitation programs funded through the City.
El Departamento de Desarrollo Comunitario de la ciudad de Fitchburg esta aceptando aplicaciones de contratistas interesados en todo tipo de oficio de construcción residencial para participar en una variedad de programas de rehabilitación de vivienda y comercio financiado por la ciudad.