- Both parties must appear in person together before 4 p.m. to file intentions.
- Please bring your birth certificate and a photo id (such as a driver's license or MA Id card), and, if you were divorced within the last 12 months, proof that your divorce is absolute.
- You must be married in Massachusetts within 60 days of filing.
- You must pick up the license before the wedding ceremony and present it to the person who is officiating.
- There is a three day waiting period between the time you fill out the paperwork and when you can pick it up.
- A district or probate court may issue a waiver of the three day waiting period.
- We suggest filing your intentions about two weeks prior to the wedding.
The City Clerk is a Justice of the Peace and is available to perform marriage ceremonies by appointment.