- 9:30 AM
- The 2nd Wednesday of every month, excluding August.
- Meetings are held in the East Meeting Room, Fitchburg City Hall, 718 Main Street, Fitchburg, MA.
- All meetings are open to the public
Agendas & MinutesView most recent agendas and minutes.
- Basil Tolos, Chair
- Carolyn Quirk
- Doris Matte
- Dan Cunningham
- Marshal Haneisen
- Tiffany Wells
- Barbara Slattery
- Nicholas Carbone
Purpose & ResponsibilitiesThe Commission on Disability's mission is “To enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities in Fitchburg by raising awareness and promoting compliance with, and adoption of, relevant laws and regulations.”
If you have questions or issues related to accessibility in Fitchburg, the Fitchburg Disability Commission may be able to provide you with the information you need or advocate on your behalf.
Per Chapter 3 Article 34 of the City Code this commission is tasked with:
- The investigation and research of local concerns and issues of persons with disabilities and to make recommendations as a result thereof
- To coordinate and or carry out programs designed to meet the needs of persons with disabilities
- To provide information, referrals, guidance and technical assistance to individuals, public agencies, businesses, and organizations on matters relating to disabilities
- To review and make recommendations about the policies, procedures, services, activities and facilities of municipal departments, boards or agencies as they affect persons with disabilities