Checkout Limits and Loan Periods
- You may have 50 items out on your card.
- Books (limit of 50 items) for 3 weeks
- CD's (limit of 8 per card) for 3 weeks
- Records (limit of 8) for 3 weeks
- Art Prints (limit of 2 for 2 month-loan)
- Videos and dvds (limit of 10 of each), one-week loan
- Audiobooks (limit of 5) for 3 weeks
- Bicycles for 1 week
- Telescope for one week
- Tools for 1 week
- WiFi hot spot for two weeks - no renewals for 60 days.
Renewing books: You may now renew books either by telephone (978-829-1780) or from home via the On-line catalog. Have your library card number handy. No renewals for WiFi hotspots or telescope.
The Board of Trustees and Library Director Sharon Bernard have determined that it is in the best interest of the library community to remove fines from books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and magazines from Fitchburg that are returned overdue. There are no fines on books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, or magazines which belong to the Fitchburg Public Library.
However, the Library can't waive fines from other Libraries, and there will still be fines on items such as a WiFi hotspot, museum pass, interlibrary loan materials, telescope, bicycle or art works.
- Overdue art prints are fined at $1 per day.
- Museum passes not returned when due are fined up to $5.00 per day.
- Telescope not returned when due is fined at $5.00 per day. Replacement cost $375.
- WiFi Hotspot not returned when due is fined at $5.00 per day. Replacement cost $145 for all components.
- Bicycles when not returned when due are $5.00 per day. Replacement cost is $251 for the bicycle and $20 for the lock.