Public Works Department
Covid-19 Public Works Updates:
- DPW facilities are now closed to the public. These include the DPW headquarters, water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plant and the Recreation Department. All tours and training seminars are cancelled. If you need to pay your bill, please visit the Online Payment Center on the City’s website or drop off payments at drop-off box in front of City Hall.
- To align the City’s operations with Governor Baker’s Executive order, City of Fitchburg facilities will continue to be closed to the public, until May 4, 2020. At this time the Fitchburg Recreation Department following the procedures set in place by Mayor DiNatale is extending our cancellation of all programs, special events, field use requests and Coggshall Park reservations through May 4, 2020.
- If you have reserved the Coggshall Park Stonehouse or Gazebo a Recreation Department staff member will be in touch in the coming week to discuss rescheduling or reimbursements.
- All City playgrounds and dog parks are hereby closed to the public until the COVID-19 State of Emergency is lifted.
- Parks, fields, courts, and tracks continue to be open but the public is ordered to avoid large gatherings. Please exercise social distancing and avoid touching common surfaces.
- Public restrooms at Coggshall Park are closed to the public until the COVID-19 State of Emergency is lifted.
- If you need to acquire a trench, sewer connections, street occupation or excavation permits please call 978-829-1900.
- DPW Water Division will be suspending the residential meter replacement project until further notice.
- Final meter readings for property transfers will be completed remotely, but no meter change outs will be performed until further notice.
- Please remember that frequent hand washing is the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Please refrain from flushing disinfectant wipes down the toilet because they will clog your system.
Please check back here for further updates regarding the DPW and Covid-19. Last updated 4/3/2020
Per Order of the Commissioner of Public Works (DPW) all City playgrounds and dog parks are hereby closed to the public until the COVID-19 State of Emergency is lifted. Read on...
The Fitchburg Recreation Department out of an abundance of caution, following the example set by Governor Charlie Baker and CDC Guidelines, will be cancelling events, programs, field use requests and Coggshall Park reservations through April 5, 2020. Read on...