Checkout Limits and Loan Periods
- You may have 50 items out on your card.
- Books (limit of 50 items) for 3 weeks
- CDs (limit of 8 per card) for 3 weeks
- Records (limit of 8) for 3 weeks
- Art Prints (limit of 2 for 2 month-loan)
- Videos and DVDs (limit of 10 of each), one-week loan
- Audiobooks (limit of 5) for 3 weeks
- Bicycles for 1 week
- Telescope for 1 week
- Tools for 1 week
- WiFi hot spot for 2 weeks - no renewals for 60 days.
Renewing books: You may now renew books either by telephone (978-829-1780) or from home via the On-line catalog. Have your library card number handy. No renewals for WiFi hotspots, tools, art prints or telescope. Materials able to be renewed will be automatically renewed with no action required by the patron. An email notice will be sent to the patron.
There are no fines for overdue books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, or magazines which belong to the Fitchburg Public Library.
However, the Library can't waive fines from other Libraries, and there will still be fines on items such as a WiFi hotspot, museum pass, interlibrary loan materials, telescope, bicycle or art works.
- Overdue art prints are fined at $1 per day.
- Museum passes not returned when due are fined up to $5.00 per day.
- Telescope not returned when due is fined at $5.00 per day. Replacement cost $375.
- WiFi Hotspot not returned when due is fined at $5.00 per day. Replacement cost $145 for all components.
- Bicycles when not returned when due are $5.00 per day. Replacement cost is $251 for the bicycle and $20 for the lock.