Fitchburg Civic Days Amazing Duck Race
ABOUT THE 12TH ANNUAL AMAZING DUCK RACE
The Amazing Duck Race was founded over a decade ago as one of Civic Days largest Fundraisers. The event features the adoption of rubber ducks that annually flock down the Nashua River. Help support Civic Days and adopt your ducks today! Don't forget to check out our latest addition: The $5,000 Super Duck!
- Date: July 6, 2019
- Time: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Bounce House, Kids activities and music.
- 2:00 PM - Last minute Duck Race Adoptions available at the Park.
- 5:00 PM - MEET WALLY
- 6:00 PM Duck Race begins!
- Location: Riverfront Park
- Link to the Duck Race Calendar Event
HOW TO PURCHASE YOUR DUCKS
- Adoptions are now available for the 2019 Amazing Duck Race. Purchase your ducks in the Mayors Office at 166 Boulder Drive, Suite 108, Fitchburg, print out and mail in the form below or you can submit your adoption online!
- 2019 Amazing Duck Race Printable Adoption Form (Coming Soon)
- Submit your Adoption Form Online!
- One Duck: $5.00
- Two Ducks: $10.00
- Flock of Five Ducks: $20.00
- Large Flock of 13 Ducks: $50.00
DUCK RACE PRIZES
- SUPER DUCK: $5,000!!!!!!!
- 1st Place: $1,000
- 2nd Place: $500
- 3rd Place: $250
- 4th Place: Great Wolf Overnight Family Suite
- 5th Place: Red Sox Tickets (2 Tickets)
- 6th Place: $200 in local restaurant gift cards
- 7th Place: 4 pack of Canobie Lake Park tickets
- 8th Place: Family 4 Pack of Great Wolf Water Park (Day Pass)
- 9th Place: 4 tickets to FunStuf Party Place
- And last but not least: LAST Place Duck wins a prize!
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE AMAZING DUCK RACE
- Once ducks are launched, they are on their own, except that the race committee reserves the right to free them if caught in branches or other river impediments.
- Winners will be determined by serial number on adoption log corresponding to the number of each duck in order of finish. Only ducks sold with number will be entered into the race.
- Decision of the judges stationed at the finish line will be final.Judges are not eligible to win.
- Winners will be announced at the end of the race. They will also be notified by telephone and/or U.S. mail or email. Winners will be instructed on method of claiming their prize.
- It is not necessary for "adopters" of winning ducks to be present to claim prize(s).
- This race is organized, administered, & supervised by the Fitchburg Civic Days Committee, an all volunteer organization which organizes and sponsors the Downtown Block Party, Fireworks, 4th of July Parade, and Duck Race.
- THE $5,000 SUPER DUCK!! A random number will be drawn at the end of the selling of Ducks just before the race time and placed in an envelope with the winning Super Duck Number sealed inside. At the completion of the race, the Super Duck number will be revealed and if the winning 1st place duck who crossed the finish line has the same number as the Super Duck they will be awarded the Super Duck Grand Prize amount of $5,000!
2017 AMAZING DUCK RACE WINNERS
- 1st Place: Katherine Malinowski
- 2nd Place: Jim & Beth Walsh
- 3rd Place: Deb Powers
- 4th Place: Keith Stone
- 5th Place: Bev Tefft
- 6th Place: Steve Duffy
- 7th Place: Deb Mayo
- 8th Place: Diane Bigelow
- LAST Place Duck: Mayor DiNatale